Large Format Scanning of Documents and Other Media upto A0
Our services are able to detect and digitise the most faint marks, capturing all detail to The National Archives Standards in digital outputs TIFF, JPEG, PDF upto 1200dpi in full colour managed outputs.
- All document types and sizes digitised up to A0+
- Fully indexed and OCR (optical character recognition) conversion
- Digital file output options: TIFF, JPEG and PDF
- High-volume or low-volume digitisation
- Manuscripts | Parchment | Linen
- Maps | Manuscripts | Shipping Plans
- Newspaper and Ovesized Book Scanning
- Architectural Drawings | Construction Plans
- Blueprints | Utility Plans | CAD Drawings
- Artwork | Posters | Large Photographs
What is large format scanning? Any document that is A3, A2, A1, and A0 in size which requires digitisation.
What type of documents can be scanned? Large maps, engineering plans, documents, transparencies and drawings.
Can you digitise heritage large format documents? Our services support heritage clients with vellum, parchment, linen, rare materials and other media.
What output resolution and bits can you digitise to? From 200dpi upto 1200dpi in full colour managed 24-bit, greyscale and 8-bit black and white outputs in either PDF, PDF/OCR, PDF/A, TIFF, JPEG formats.
Can you offer OCR (optical character resolution)? All documents can be OCR'd if the text is legible. This ensures the documents are easily accessible to ensure efficient retrieval of information.
How are documents indexed? All documents are indexed to your exact specifications, typically with r eference number, title, description, sheet number, issue or revision number.
QUALITY ASSURANCE Following the National Archive Standards, preparation include the removal of all staples and fasteners, embossing of raised seals, repair of torn or deteriorated edges, examination of back sides for additional information, identification of delicate and older documents, identification of color or grayscale needs.